BREEDER: Fam. H. Ramsbock, Menslage
JUMPING INDEX: 158
WFFS: Non carrier
Cohinoor has a pedigree to dream of: Olympic world-class sire Cornet Obolensky combined with the true producer of show jumpers Stakkato and the Holsteiner legend Contender, anchored by Hannovarian ‘prestatie’ sire Graf Grannus. Ridden by Marco Kutscher, Cornet Obolensky was among the world’s best jumpers and he is sire of top horses Cornet d’Amour, Cornet’s Cristallo, Clooney, Cornado NRW and Comme il Faut.
Grand sire Stakkato has jumped at the highest level for many years and is indispensable for today’s breeding as both sire and as dam’s sire. The legendary Contender continues to be represented by his offspring in top arenas around the world – for example Chiara, Carlo and Colore.
Cohinoor’s dam Sophia, is half-sister to the Westphalian approved stallion Cornwall – Reserve-Champion of the Bundeschampionat for 7-year olds and jumps internationally at 1.45m level. In addition to Cohinoor, Sophia is also dam of the mare Carissma; who received a ‘10’ for her jumping technique and of the approved premium stallion Lanzardo. Great-grand dam Grafin Galexia jumped at the 1.45m level herself.
Additionally, the Westphalian and Hanoverian approved Call Me Number One is a son of Cornet Obolensky being bred out of the same dam line as Cohinoor. Call Me Number One jumps at Grand Prix level.
Cohinoor was approved by the KWPN with a fantastic score of 83 points and was one of the highlights of the KWPN stallion test. Cohinoor scored an 8.5 for reflexes, technique, rideability & attitude and talent as a show jumper. For the remaining jumping components Cohinoor earned 8’s.
In sport, Cohinoor impresses with his reflexes, technique and athletic scope. As a 7-year-old he was already classified at international 1.40m level.
- Topscore KWPN stallion test with 83 pnt.
- 3rd Stallioncompetition 1.10m level
- 5 clear rounds in the stallioncompetition at 1.20m level
- Winner ZZ-class Zwaagwesteinde
- 4th YH 1.35m De Peelbergen
- 5th 1.40m RWC Luttenberg
- 6th YH 1.35m De Peelbergen
- 7th YH 1.30m Lier
- 8th YH 1.30m Opglabbeek
With his first foal crop, Cohinoor has certainly made himself known – three of his sons were approved stallions and son Louay Fortuna became reserve champion of the KWPN Stallion show.
Some notable offspring:
- Cohinoor x Lordanus – Brandenburg approved
- Louay Fortuna – Reservechampion KWPN stallionshow
- Loretto VDL – KWPN approved
- Light-Cohinoor – Mecklenburg approved
- Lulena VDL- 8th place national foal championship & Champion CK Friesland
- Music Maker – 10th place national foal championship & Champion CK Friesland
- Orlov – 10th place national foal championship
Cohinoor: the valuable genes of Cornet Obolensky and Stakkato and convinces with all components
|Rabanna van Costersveld|